What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

Yep and my sister who is four years younger is having to wait until she is 67 yrs

[Bit of a misnomer that we are all living longer me thinks because many WASPI women didn’t make it to 66 yrs :thinking:]

Thanks to the local wildlife, it’s that time again… :sponge:

Highly recommend Meguiars quick wax for when the sun is out.

To:

6 Likes

Does it last? Many years ago I was told “if it goes on quickly it will come off quickly”

It seems to last a good month or two. I generally wash the car every 3 ish weeks but I’ve only felt it needed waxing 1 out of every 3 washes.

I use Meguiar’s Wash & Wax

Wash & Wax

Not cheap but very good, shines lasts well.

I use a brush with soap dispenser to coat the car, a bit like snow foam in a way, leave for 5 minutes then hand wash using the two bucket method with some added to bucket one. Lasts for weeks.

2 Likes

I have been using meguiars snowfoam, gen3 shampoo and quick wax till now, and I actually just ordered a new shampoo and snowfoam refill. Swagged these on the Halfords sale and they’ve just turned up!

Will feedback if Meguiars wash and wax is better (I fully expect it to be).

Got fed up with the tiny washer fluid bottle so… Dave Fab bottle and battery cover fitted.

3 Likes

Hi Viking,
Nice clean up of the car!
I am considering side running lights like yours or in a smoke finish. Did you fit them yourself? & do they illuminate when you see the Northern Lights?
Thanks in advance for any help, tips
Cheers
RoyT

Dropped the car off at NDB Auto’s in Norwich to have Eibach Pro springs, 15mm spacers and some new tyres fitted. It’ll be done tomorrow but I won’t be able to collect it until Thursday evening. I really wasn’t sure about whether to go with spacers or not but having sought some advice and gone for a modest size, I’m happy.

I’m very excited - I’ve been thinking of doing it for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger on it as my insurance was up and it seemed like a good time to add some mods!

Yes I fitted them and yes there wired up to front indicators and rear lights…which I did they been on 5 years :wink:

I have some instructions on how to wire them up to the side lights both front and rear. If you would like them send me a private message with your email along with the year of your car.
:heart:

An ‘Alan Cantara’ addition this evening :+1:t3:

Smartens up the cabin nicely, thanks to @DC04R - nice to meet you the other week, albeit briefly!

Cheers,
Steve

7 Likes

Ahhhhhhh you’re wardy!! Penny’s dropped. You too mate.

1 Like

I started my car today.

This might not sound impressive, but this comes after several weeks of replacing the engine/diff/gearbox oil, oil filter, alternator belt, PAS belt, crankshaft boss, crankshaft outer pulley and plate, water pump, water pump gaskets and timing belt (and the associated bits and pieces) and all the problems that occured along the way (snapped bolts, broken hose clamps, excessive loss of coolant - wasn’t expecting 2 litres to come out of the water pump and theromstat).

I still don’t know if the bolts are torqued correctly as my old torque wrench kept refusing to work, the new one worked differently with each nut/bolt I used it on, so who knows.

All I do know is, after a brief 5 seconds the car has lost its Banshee scream on startup (old alternator belt), and there were no oil or coolant leaks to be seen. True I’m still the 2 litres down and the camcover needs properly tightening, but it’s progress.

Sadly my plans to get it roadworthy in time for the 30/35 national have failed due to the delays caused by the problems, the weather, parts having been on back order and the work required at a garage to get it through an MOT (and it being too late to get an MOT in time now) - ah well.

At least inspite of my poor mechanics skills, it didn’t explode etc. on startup :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Well done for bringing your car back to life.
Shame about the Nationals but there are sure to be others in your future.
Next target is the MOT?

I’ve not done anything today. But I’m off the Brackley tomorrow. :wink:

I’m a bit excited. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

At some point yes.

Although there were no MOT advisories last time it had one (2019) there were advisories by the garage (the belts being one) and those I couldn’t do will need to be done by them.

1 Like

Installed a Cobra race-type back box with carbon fibre tips. Slow start taking the OEM box off with the nuts seized but with some elbow grease (and a chisel). It’s on and sounds amazing. So so happy with the result!

3 Likes

Collected it with new Eibach springs, 15mm spacers and a set of Goodyear Eagle F1s fitted. Pictures don’t really do it justice but it just looks ‘right’ now to my eyes. Seeing it parked up as I went it collect it, it looked mega - I grinned all the way home. It really does feel more planted and with no loss of comfort that I can tell. There’s also some fairly hefty speed bumps on my road and it was absolutely fine. Well chuffed. Should have done it sooner!

1 Like

“Change the coolant tank” they said.

“It’s easy!” They said.

When you see what shouldn’t be there… You will know.

2 Likes