What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

Remember to occasionally look forward rather than in the rear view mirror. Difficult at first but you know it makes sense. :wink: Plenty more where that came from. Put together another 66 kits over the weekend. :smiley:

6 Likes

Jacked up the rear, cleared the crud, and freshened up the Waxoyl coating under the wheelarches ready for autumn.

Removed about 160 ml of power steering fluid from the reservoir, and replaced it with the same amount of fresh fluid. Shall give the power steering some exercise tomorrow, and repeat the process. The capacity is about 300 ml, I think.

17/18 degrees, overcast sky, light breeze today. Absolutely the best for going outside to work on the car.

2 Likes

Interesting refreshment technique.
Not one for the purists, I suspect though…

1 Like

Nice look for the console.
How much did that set you back, please?

Love the RPF1’s with the Toyo’s too!

1 Like

I recently done an update to my ND’s SD card so I had maps up to date to June 2021. Seems to have done the trick although it is costly!

I do love the rpf1s, the Toyos are the newer t1r’s and supposed to be waaaaaaay vlbetter than the previous tr1’s( or the other way around I can’t actually remember) , we shall hopefully soon see

1 Like

i saw that the other day, but didnt buy because it had been on its roof…

Sad thing is I’d looked through all the ones hanging on the rack, nothing, then the missus steps up and hands me that one. I said where was that, on the shelf right in front of you, it had fallen off the pegs.
Man scanning she calls it.:grin:

5 Likes

Is your car out of warranty? The updates are free in the warranty period.

1 Like

Yeah it is unfortunately. All good though, I make my way to silverstone quite often and the new road layouts between there and Cambridge were giving the sat nav a headache so it was worthwhile.

Cost me £80. Would like to do the trim with the vents in but practically impossible to remove on an NC 3.5.

1 Like

No more difficult than the NC1 (dash panel removal) one screw under the glovebox opening then the fasteners under the hazard button panel. You need to ease the head unit out of the dash to see the screws. That’s the main panel, the one to the drivers right (small) just prises out.:+1:

Cleaned and polished Sharkey.

8 Likes

Looks lovely and would also look good in two of my threads…! :slight_smile:

Rob

1 Like

Petrol, oil, water, battery, tyres. (My Dad’s mantra from the good old days). Quick snack and then I’m off for drive.

Fitted the smart top acquired from Tony Cadd,easy install,took about 20 mins,really chuffed !

washed it, polished it, waxed it, hoovered it, scrubbed inside, wife decided not to sell it so I went for a drive !

6 Likes

I took the NC out Sunday to go skiing (Hemel Snowdome), top down and choosing the scenic route in the sunshine to avoid the jammed clockwise M25.

The sky looked threatening at the last set of lights before the ski-slope, so lid up. This also raised a smile and a wave from the girl in a Golf(?) convertible waiting behind me, also lid down (well, I could not say ‘top down’, could I?)

Three hours later, when I emerged into the sunshine again from the Snowdome, the NC was covered in big beads of rain water. No towel for it, but a brisk blow-dry top-up on the M25 (clear anticlockwise) was effective in restoring the shine.

A good day out, and my only regret was I forgot to take a photo of how the sun was producing lots of little sparkly rainbows in the beads, simply beautiful.

3 Likes

Recent purchase (June) 2002 Sport with just 21000 miles, Mot’d today with no advisories. Always nice when the tester says its the best condition one he’s seen!!

14 Likes