Where have you been in your MX-5 today?

Isn’t it sad. The death and destruction of mankind…

It finally stopped raining so I went by caffeine and machine, for a coffee and to see what’s about.
And yes the roof was down…

2 Likes

Another drive to Coniston.
Well pardon me for doing so again, but if that road is going to be deserted all winter, I might as well. It is just so much fun.
This time The Cure Standing on a beach was playing.
In Between Days asking me to go faster…
Little stop at Brantwood for the best view an MX-5 driver could ever ask for: that of their car in the foreground.
Roof down all day, and a stone baked pizza for tea: almost the perfect day off.

7 Likes

A few more from today’s visit.
There were also a few 5’s about.

1 Like

great pics mick , love the top one :+1:

1 Like

Nowhere, tested positive for covid Xmas eve so had a great Xmas, nearly out, can’t wait, nights drawing out, spring soon be on its way. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Seaford Head for a walk then on to Newhaven harbour, nice little hut there with fresh fish for sale.

5 Likes

Down with my wife on the A22 to Eastbourne with the roof down for chips today. Passed a silver MK2 (I think - sorry, I’m still new to this) with the roof down going north. When I got this car a couple of weeks ago I promised myself the roof will always be down unless it’s raining, a lot. The photo is from the first day I picked it up.

8 Likes

A new owner without the roof down is someone who didn’t get the memo! It was FREEZING when I drive mine home - roof down all the way! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Only Sainsbury’s trip today, gave me chance to test and adjust the bite point on the clutch pedal.

Another shot of the boot lip I’ve added and the chrome adornments being third brake light cover and aerial base.

3 Likes

Got lost around the B roads of South Suffolk again, a favourite pastime of ours, stopped off at Brent Ealeigh church and nearby stream, and ended up in Lavenham for a coffee, an odd overcast sort of day , but lid down of course :blush:, days like these are special in these troubled times.

8 Likes

Great pics, sounds like a great day out! Do you have a route of where you passed by?

Nowhere today, battery is flat as I’ve not used it for a week. Battery compartment has an inch of water, where did that come from.

2 Likes

I keep wanting one of these dinky boot lips, but they kinda look like they don’t quite “sit” where they should…
Can’t they go slightly further back, over the edge of the boot?

3 Likes

I know what you mean, it could go a little further back looking at it now.
I’m still not sure about it myself, it looks ok from some angles. TBH I’d like a painted one to match the boot colour or maybe to match the roof🤔

Cotswolds primarily. it was a great day.

7 Likes

Cheers
Well we came out of Colchester ,through Great Horksley, towards Sudbury, and after passing Newton took a right hand b road towards Lavenham, then headed towards Monks Eleigh but the Tea room on the bend was closed, so then to Brent Eleigh, where there’s an nice old church and stream and a few old houses, then on to Lavenham for a cuppa and cake , then back home to the coast on the b roads , or as many as possible :blush: done a few back road detours as well , enjoy getting lost sometimes as we come across all sorts of interesting places along the way, it took up best part of the day, and we take a flask and snacks for emergencies :wink:

1 Like

I do the same every now and then when I have a day free, although I will have to remember to bring a flask too next time! It would be great if there was a thread on here just for good B roads people have found

Agree
We often come across some great b road runs by chance but never get round to noting exactly where they are.
On a recent long weekend up to Lincolnshire we came across some great long flat stretches of road that went for miles :smiley:, being an ex motorcyclist I could really appreciate it.

1 Like

Most times I have a vague idea where I’m going but no idea how to get there. I generally avoid the direct route and most times i find gems of forgotten pieces of tarmac. If i do find some roads I’d like to revisit I just use Google timeline to see where i was and save it for future reference

This is a good websites to start with

However it really depends what you are after. For example i recently went to the cheddar gorge. Reviews on websites said that apparently this is a scenic drive, but for me it was quite the contrary. It was busy, full of pedestrians, the road surface was rubbish and bits of rock was basically everywhere. The drive through the gorge was 3-4 minutes tops and was underwhelming to say the least.

I enjoyed far more driving in Snowdonia with similar scenery.

3 Likes