Where have you been in your MX-5 today?

In my opinion, this kind of small boot lip is the nicest of rear spoilers for any NC that doesn’t have a body kit, and it looks fine viewed from the rear; but as you agreed, it looks a bit like a double job when viewed from the side, because it doesn’t cover the original moulded lip.
You should be able to get it painted for about a hundred quids though. Unless it is one of those cut to size rubber rolls…

It’s a rubber type so not really paintable.:-1:

It came with trim pieces for each end, like another member I left those off and shaped the ends to suit, easily done with a craft knife. A good wipe over with a rubber treatment type spray puts a sheen on it.

1 Like

Took my brother in law in the ND to PVC Trading in Rickling Green Essex, which is about 30 minutes from me, where he picked up a very nice NC Venture. We have been working on him for a while now much to the utter annoyance to my sister :grin:

9 Likes

Should last a lot longer than a week, surely.

Top down to Felixstowe with the dog and missus for brunch.

4 Likes

I took advantage of the sunshine today to make a run along the B645 Kimbolton Road. A nice, quiet drive with the top down and heater blasting along a pleasant, open route, although there were a lot of MAMILs around so caution was needed in places. Kimbolton itself is an interesting little town, with a very grandiose-looking school.

1 Like

Where does the dog go?

Harnessed to the missus!

:+1:
What size of dog do you have?
Does the harness attach to her seatbelt.

Small/medium cockapoo (11kg),clips to her belt.

1 Like

well… Today I basically understood how goats feel walking at the edge of a path :flushed:
@ Devil’s Staircase near Brecon Beacons National Park.

Stunning scenery, but I’m not too sure I’d do it again…

13 Likes

Around Wiltshire finding back roads and lovely little villages, and to finish it off with a drive across Salisbury Plain. Too busy driving to take snaps.

1 Like

Cracking road that, I did that last summer. Didn’t pass another car for the whole stretch along that road just stopped to chat to a couple of bikers.

1 Like

Amazing scenery, and coming from an overcrowded county myself, finding places like this when we’re away on a break and having stretches of road to ourselves sometimes is absolute bliss.

1 Like

Yes and if you see the pictures that squiggly line on the background is the actual road :sweat_smile: on occasions I couldn’t see the road over the bonnet.

After nodding hi to some people coming from the opposite direction on push bikes I was thinking ■■■ am I doing :rofl:

Hi @MickAP where did you get the chrome aeriel from?

It’s this in the link below, basically just a stick on (over) the base. The stubby aerial mast was already fitted.

After driving a Tesla for the last two weeks I decided to blow the dust off my NC around North Wales. Had a fantastic run around the EVO triangle and down onto the A5 then down into Betws-Y-Coed before heading back up the Conway Valley and back home.
Really enjoyed some engaged driving in the NC which has so much more theatre and a better soundtrack than the Tesla (clever as it is). Some fantastic views with mist blanketing the lower valleys and clear blue skys above.
Even had a little race with a Jaguar Ipace EV heading along the A5. Well I wasn’t racing but they set off like a scalded cat from the traffic lights at some road works when he spotted me behind so that was enough of an invite for me. I couldn’t keep up with 400bhp and all that torque on the straight so I let him go but then caught them on the twisty sections as they struggled to keep the two-tonne car on the left side of the road. I think it’s fair to say my MX5 still handles way better than a heavy EV on proper bendy roads, the Jag was definitely struggling with quick direction changes. I don’t know why people seem to feel so threatened by these little cars? Good fun all the same and great roads today.

1 Like

Maybe they are scared because we prove them that power isn’t everything…

2 Likes

This is a common problem, a lot of drivers assume that all small sports cars are pocket rockets , some are , but most are just damn good on the twisty bits.
But if they come up behind a Caterham 7 620R or an Arial Atom they would have their work cut out no matter what car they were in : )

2 Likes