Window Regulator Replacement ND (MK4)

Any tips on replacing a widow reg on an 2017 rf ?
2. I’m based near: __
3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __

Sorry it is not clear to me what you are asking.
:heart:

Hi malc,the widow regulator cable on the drivers widow has snapped,it comes as part of a new regulator
I just wondered if it’s a simple job to do ?

Hi did regulators on mine a couple of week’s ago , around 35-40 min per side,
I found it easier to cut the tape on the clip holding the door lock harness to the car than remove the clip, drop the inner cover on to a bucket or box to save removing all the electrics from the cover, it’s handy to have another pair of hands to move the regulator to get it to line up with the drive on the motor as you press it on, don’t cut the tie wrap on the new regulator till it’s over the motor !! ( I changed both and cleaned the unbroken one as a spare it’s nigh on impossible to get it back together if the wires come off the spindle, it took longer than doing both doors !!), use a punch to bend the tabs on the regulator to fit it to the motor, I found I had to pop the cards etc off to readjust the window position after a few days.
As always YouTube is your friend!!

1 Like

Have a look here POWER WINDOW REGULATOR REMOVAL/INSTALLATION | 2016 ND Shop Manual (hexorcism.com) it may help.

2 Likes

Thanks Malc :+1:

1 Like

YouTube video showing how to do it.
mx5 nd window regulator removal and replacement

contact paul roddison in sheffield , he may have a spare or 2

Thanks,got one from local dealer only £43

3 Likes

Hi Malc,can I get this on email ?,when searching hexorcism.com nothing happens ?

Hi S,

If you just hover on the link and do enter it should go to the correct page. I tried my original and it worked for me.

If I click your link it is blank.

This 2016 ND Shop Manual | ND Shop Manual (hexorcism.com) is another link to the main page of the ND manual. Try clicking on this link which should be in ‘blue’, if you do control/enter it should pop up in a new window.

You could try these if the other site does not want to come out and play with you.
This Online manual - MX5 Manual | Mazda MX5 (Mk4) 2015+ is a link to a different site that has much the same information. This Manual pages - MX5 Manual | Mazda MX5 (Mk4) 2015+ is the exact page for removal.

It is a good idea to save them as a ‘favourite’ so you can get to them easily in the future because there is a vast amount of useful information available that may come in handy in the future.

If you still have a problem let me know and I will endeavour to assist.

PS if you still fail try another PC.

1 Like

Thanks,all sorted now :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Link to a video on changing the ND Window Regulator. Possibly the one referenced above though no link.

1 Like

Just a heads up - MX5parts was showing the LH regulator OOS 5 days ago - I ordered one anyway, and it came this morning. It’s still showing online as OOS, but it looks as if they are getting them, possibly they are mopped up immediately by waiting orders.

Price was reasonable at £61 delivered. Mine hasn’t broken yet but there is an ominous scraping/squeaking.

This is beginning to look like an epidemic fault, judging by the number of reports on the Mk4 FB, group, mainly relating to 2015-2017 cars - and the fact the MX5parts’s website says they have 200 on order!

1 Like

Seems like a ‘when’ not an ‘if’, have idly wondered about buying a pair just for ‘stock’ purposes.

My regulator broke on 13th May 2022 and supply issues were put down to Covid-19! Eventually my dealership and MX5PARTS received supplies!

Repaired on the 21st June 2022 for £40 by the mechanic in my local garage! Pictures posted on the forum!

I bought a passenger and driver door regulator and am keeping as backups!

Ofiaich!

Someone said there was a repair,fix to help protect the cables,if such a big issue why no recall ?

Probably a lot cheaper just to do the repairs when they break.

There was a TSB issued in North America, which says it is applicable to 2016-2019 models, and a production fix has been applied to later cars.

1 Like