What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

Did the front and rear drop links and anti-roll bar bushings, really glad I bought new bolts! Plan B quite quickly became Plan A!

1 Like

They are lovely in red It suits the car perfectly. However I recently went to a Retyred meeting in Essex and there was THE best colour I have ever seen on any MX5. It was The deepest wine red Metallic. The car was stunning in every respect, The depth of paint looked as if you could put your hand inside the bodywork The car And owner lives in Kent lovely couple ā€¦a real credit to them and surely a prize winner show car Which it probably has beenā€¦ or is !

Must say That wind blocker looks a big improvement to the standard one, what was the cost of itā€¦ ? How long to arrive etc I.e is it a British company or sent from abroad etc, If I keep my car ( itā€™s advertised for sale at the moment ) I might Then buy one myself. Best regards and thanks for pictures, Ray Hill essex

Got my new plates on at last, with the off-set bracket at the front. A vast improvement in my eyes!

5 Likes

They are from ā€œRoadieā€ from this very forum. See :~

hth

3 Likes

Thanks for the plug. My previous customers are my sales force! Always try to keep them happy.

I have wind blockers in clear and tinted for the Mk3 and Mk4. Also red LED boot light strips and sequential rear indicators for the Mk4.

All listed in the for sale section on here.

:smiley:

The dropped section in the centre is around the same height as the original, about an inch higher at the sides. No company involved, itā€™s just me putting the kits together at home. Keeps me on my toes, if anything goes wrong Iā€™ve go nobody to blame.

:wink:

3 Likes

Drained, flushed and refilled the coolant on my NA, including whipping out the expansion tank and giving it a good clean.
Well chuffed, given my automotive skills are pretty much zilch.
When I reappeared 9 hours after starting the process, my wife asked if it was worth it, giving up our Sunday together.
Absolutely I said. Whoopsā€¦ :grimacing: I mean, yes, saved paying a couple of hundred for a garage to do itā€¦ :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Gave the NA a wash today, after all the work itā€™s had recently it had loads of greasy marks and mess all over it.

Also gave the engine bay a good clean (didnā€™t do much tbh) and also took the indicator/side lights off and cleaned out what seemed like years of crud from them.

Hopefully looks reasonable for next Sunday!

2 Likes

Tomorrow, lube service and first MOT at my highly recommended local garageā€¦
After much consideration, decided, rightly or wrongly not to use, or more to the point, pay main dealer priceā€¦
Update: Carried out on Monday as arranged - Massive saving, though I guess going away from Main Dealer Servicing will affect future value, but Iā€™ll take my savings now and place my car in the hands of someone I know and trustā€¦! :slight_smile:

Rob

2 Likes

Thanks I Got your message, Thanks Hope your little project / hobby does well ā€¦ Will be in touch in due course ā€¦ Ray

Fitted soft top cover behind

Also New Mazda cam cover gasket and plugs and thermostat sensor one behind engine

6 Likes

Driving it around North Wales.

A room with a viewā€¦of it.:grin:

4 Likes

A wash Polish quick photo and put to Bed ready for Sunday On the

**MX5 EUROPE STAND**

MX-5 Owners Club National Rally Claydon Estate Sunday 19th September 2021

Hope to meet up with some of you their ā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

Dungeness and surrounding area. After the bilsteins and eibach springs went in.

8 Likes

Absolutely beautiful, oh Iā€™ve just noticed the car, The carā€™s nice too,

3 Likes

Put my membership card in the glove box,so I donā€™t have to worry about forgetting it on Sunday

3 Likes

Dungeness just down the road from me - lovely colour MX5

2 Likes

Whatā€™s route napoleon, do you mean this?
I couldnā€™t get there for a Sunday afternoon run sadly :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Did the front pads on my nc 2.0, surprisingly easy.

1 Like