What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

Car looks fantastic. Being in the middle of a similar process with our NA - it really encouraging to see results like this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks again. I hadn’t tried many of these processes before but took inspiration from this forum and the many Youtube videos available - None of the things I did were greatly difficult - as long as you have the time, a good plan and the right tools, anything is possible. Certainly gives me confidence to do more in the future. Hope your work goes well - be interested to see the results.

1 Like

Made the most of a (nearly) dry day in our neck of the woods and gave her a good wash, polish, wax and hoover. Was a fight against the dying light in the end.

13 Likes

It’s always good to fight against the dying of the light!

1 Like

Washed and cleaned the interior and seals. Treated interior, leather and seals with this.

Really good stuff.

2 Likes

Gave the old girl a wash and polish. I use it most days and she was covered in grime from the recent horrible drizzly weather. Taking it out in that might horrify some of you but I use it as much as I can. I’ve got 50 years of gazing wistfully at other peoples’ roadsters to catch up on and I’m knocking on. A very good friend of mine, same age and much fitter dropped dead from a completely unexpected heart attack a few months ago which kinda focuses the mind a bit. No use having it sitting in the garage looking all shiny if I’m pushing up daisies! :money_mouth_face:

22 Likes

Very shiny

Thank you! Autoglym shampoo conditioner, a micro-fibre cloth and elbow grease :blush:

1 Like

Spotless on Sunday, looked like this by Thursday :sob:

Washed it again yesterday but I really couldn’t be bothered to give it a proper one with current conditions: APC sprayed on, jet wash, then drive down an NSL dual carriageway to dry. Still got a thin film of crud but it’s better than this image.

1 Like

I like the red

I’m with you on using it as much as you can. Shiny on the drive is fun but going out for a drive it better.

4 Likes

Go for it mate. Enjoy your -5 all you can👍

2 Likes

Mine passed its MOT with no adviseries which is good. Tester actually said the car is in excellent condition. I can’t post a celebratory picture because a damn good clean is required first!

3 Likes

I gave up a while ago, too cold to clean it. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations and well done :+1:

1 Like

Finished fitting the Jass Performance Seat Lowering kit (Height Adjustable Seats) in my NC

Wrote a guide here:

Just a damn good wash and check over ready for it’s Mot tomorrow, only 450 miles in the last year so hopefully will be ok. Sorned since October so a good Italian tune up on the way to the garage then straight onto the ramp.

1 Like

Nice colour!

2 Likes

Totally agree.

1 Like

First drive proper in my Z-Sport since Sorned back in the end of September. Little blast into town to refuel then another blast to the garage for it’s Mot. Flew through but has only done 445 miles in a year so now nearly 13 months ticket on her :grin:
Beautiful convertible BMW Z4 35is tuned to 380 bhp on the forecourt but prices all sky high at moment so must resist.

1 Like