Where have you been in your MX-5 today?

Me also as well!

2 Likes

Itā€™s not all to my liking, but I bet it is quite something to see.
That grey engine bay looks very organised.

1 Like

While we were waiting to get out at Ricoh

1 Like

Had my 2005 NB for a month now. Absolutely loving it - 70 years old, always wanted a roadster, mortgage and growing family always precluded it.

Went for a 20 mile blast (well, sedate blast) around some country lanes today. Took me back 50 years ago to my beloved Mk1 Cortina GT. Came back with a HUGE smile on my face :grin::grin::grin::grin:

13 Likes

Hi TerryM1,
Good for you - I am so glad you are enjoying your NB.
I am also an NB owner, and have just been out for a little cruise around the New Forest in my lovely little 2001 version, to make the most of the sun whilst it is still shining - bliss!

6 Likes

Thanks! I was between Bransgore and Ringwood. :blush:

Pretty close to me when I was out then - I came back along the main road past the old East Close Hotel, then back home via Beckley and Bashley!

Drove to a pint on my day off, but I was having too much fun to stop before Grasmere, and eventually found one at the Badger Bar,

where another 5 popped up.

I took ā€œKatieā€ to my first car show since September 2019! A lovely afternoon and a record number of cars turned up to the Lympsham Manor Fete. Lots of ā€œmodern classicsā€, which Iā€™m guessing may be how car shows will develop as the years go by?

8 Likes

9 Likes

To my local petrol station, for a fiverā€™s worth of fuel (blimey, you donā€™t get many millilitres for that nowadays) so I can drive to the dealer and bid farewell to my ND tomorrowā€¦ :disappointed:

1 Like

What number were you? The Prisoner - Wikipedia

4 Likes

Why are you getting rid of it?

Change of circumstances really, I bought it in Janā€™20 following redundancy but with the plan to get back in to work in the travel industry and use it as a daily driver - Covid-19 put paid to that industry for the time being and Iā€™m not doing the mileage to justify (to my head), keeping it. Especially as itā€™s only done 2900 miles and there seems to be high demand for low mileage NDs currentlyā€¦

Yes, fair enough.
And youā€™ll never get a price for it like you will at the moment. YOu could wait a year, find the semi conductors are rolling and the economy is going again, and you might lose Ā£5K compared to what theyā€™ll give you tomorrow.
Did a dealer see your ad on here and offer, or did you advertise elsewhere. Excuse me if youā€™ve explained this is some other thread.

1 Like

I can only begin to understand your circumstances in getting rid of your NDā€¦ Mine is only a toy and a supermarket twice weekly car, but I couldnā€™t get rid, despite it being a sellers marketā€¦ Hope you donā€™t regret your decision, but you could always buy back in again at a later dateā€¦! :slight_smile: And in a more favourable marketā€¦!
Rob

1 Like

Iā€™m inclined to agree - it would be a case of now or never, really, This thread will explain: Ebay classified or Autotrader?

Youā€™re right about high demand , hence high prices, and if you have to get out of a car for whatever reason I doubt theyā€™ll ever be a better time to do it.
Although not selling Iā€™ve recently checked the buy in value on mine, and after thinking at the time Iā€™d possibly overpaid a bit for it, the webac and motorway valuations are within a few hundred Ā£ā€™s of what I paid retail 4 months and 3k miles ago. Daft.

2 Likes

Or where havenā€™t we beenā€¦! Long way round to fuel up for the week and then; you gotta love a sunny summer in Kent ehā€¦.

4 Likes

Webuy are offering a grand less than I paid for mine as a 3 miles on it pre reg, a month less than 3 years ago!

2 Likes