What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 2)

Installed an ME442 ECU into my NC.

Another step on the road to a turbo conversion on my driveway.

1 Like

Interior clean and fitted new Badge and the new Labels for front Camera, and Grill lighting new picture library now working :wink:

4 Likes

what a fantastic '5 :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :heart_eyes: :crazy_face:

Fitted a SQIIRL MODS Fire Extinguisher Bracket and fire extinguisher into my ND, hopefully I never have to use it but better safe than sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sparkling, looks fantastic

Put her through her MOT. Passed with flying colours, just a new pair of wipeys needed. Very happy car and even happier owner :grin:

8 Likes

Just finished sticking new sparkplugs in at 56k. Also swaped the passenger side skuttle gromit which was good timing as the original disintegrated with removal. Will need to revisit for driver side and silicon sealant.

Bits and pieces, not all today but recently! Short video clips attached, showing LED lights

Front LED
Side LEDs

5 Likes

I see the car is fitted with the ‘ ROADIE ‘ Wind Blocker I think the Roadie give the MX5 series a little touch of ‘personalisation’. These MX5s ( all models ) look good with a bit of personalising … There’s so much that can be bought from places like ‘Moss‘ or ‘MX5parts‘ My MK3 has taken on a character of its own, Best regards to all MX5 owners and let’s all say thank you to the club admin for giving us such a great club … :heart: Thanks :heart:

1 Like

Where’s the visor wallet from Matt ?

It came pretty quickly, quality is good and it works perfectly for sunglasses. No more fishing out of the centre glovebox whilst driving :wink:

1 Like

Yes, Roadie blocker and boot LEDs. Both great quality, easy to fit and look the part.

2 Likes

Yep, and what a nice guy to deal with too. Paul is a True gentleman…it is easy to jazz the glass section up quite easily to give it a added cosmetic look A small part of a reel of chrome from Halfords along the leading edge finishes the job. Makes it look that much more interesting the reel has about 20 applications so no worries about any discolouring Tarnishing etc… Job takes about 15 minutes A few little tips And precautions are needed To secure the extreme outer edges but easily carried out Its enjoyable to watch our little MX5s come alive with a bit of extra interesting ‘bling … It’s what makes our cars that bit more interesting, But you have to know when to stop etc… Anyway best regards from Ray Hill Epping Essex

@MXMattX the windblocker, is that the larger size, how’s is it for putting the roof down when you’re seated.

Fab additions :slight_smile:

I’ve just ordered my Cobra Dual Exit non resonated cat back exhaust. So excited, Christmas is coming early!!!

I can answer that. It’s NOT quite as easy To put the roof up from inside of the car whilst seated etc the original Factory one is a bit easier. But hey. It’s a roof that takes a second to raise or lower so It’s a ‘balance‘ of ‘Convenience‘ against the lovely little Joy of extra interest that comes with The ‘Roadie’ And the better rear view … Priceless … for £55 delivered…

Incidentally A passenger Should have no big problem getting the roof up But easier putting it down… … best regards. From Ray Essex ( Epping )

1 Like

@CoolCatz It is marginally larger but personally I don’t notice any difference in lowering or raising roof. I do, however, love the improved visuals (looks and view).

3 Likes

Took my 55 Icon for its annual service and MOT, passed with advisories of general underbody corrosion, slight play in rear sub frame mounts and rear anti-roll bar link rods, but 131,644 miles on the clock.

1 Like

In case you didn’t already know: